As a member of an ECW Professional Collective (PC) you will work with your state or territory collective and the Professional Reference Body (PRB) to support ECW toward our vision to unite, inform and elevate the image of the Education and Care (EC) Workforce.
Benefits of collective membership
- Network with highly regarded and informed EC professional
- Opportunity to contribute to and lead change
- Engage in bigger picture planning with a view to elevating the EC workforce
- Help shape the role of ECW in support of the EC workforce
- Learn with and from other highly regarded EC professionals
- Contribute to cross sector collaboration
- Experience convergence of professional thinking
- Deepen reflective thinking through Diversity – multiple perspectives – rich professional conversation
- Sense of service – opportunity to give back to the profession – share your knowledge
- Inclusive / inclusion – being part of something bigger than yourself / your role/your service
- Contribute to a positive vision for the Education and Care Workforce
Professional Collective Members will work to
- build confidence and professional identity,
- Provide one strong national voice for the profession,
- Make synergies across sectors and support practice visibility,
- Acknowledge and showcase quality practices,
- Inform and influence quality practice,
- Share practice wisdom with the wider profession,
- Identify and facilitate the sharing of good practice stories,
- Disseminate information to build knowledge and shared understanding.
- Support networking and reflective conversations,
- Connect with peak bodies and recognised authorities,
- Promote the value of ongoing professional development
- Promote leadership across the profession.
- Connect with local elders and build cultural competence
- Build strong connections with community through ongoing involvement
- PC membership will be held as long as members are engaged and remain active in the collective role
- Each state and territory PC will have a maximum of 9 representatives and every effort will be made to ensure they are representative of the EC sectors (LDC, FDC, SAC, Kindergartens/ Preschools, In Home, Limited hours / Occasional / BBF and Remote)
- PC members will:
- be financial members of the ECW Professional Body and working in education and care
- be well connected and active in their communities, recognised by their peers for their expertise, advocacy, strengths-based approach and ongoing support of professional growth to practitioners in the EC profession
- be culturally conscious and working toward cultural competence
- have connections with local Elders or be working to build reciprocal relationships
- be proactive and responsive to issues within the profession and contribute information and content for distribution to ECW members and if appropriate to the whole profession
- PC’s will draw on the ECA Code of Ethics to inform and guide their own practice as well as the information, content and support offered to the profession
Professional Collective Nomination Form
Are you (or do you know) a passionate advocate for the Education and Care Workforce?
Would you (or do you know a practitioner who would) like to support the strategic direction of ECW to identify and prioritise the kind of information and support needed and preferred by your Education and Care colleagues?
Are you (or do you know) a practitioner who is prepared to speak up for the interest of education and care professionals in your area? Maybe even your state or territory?
Are you well connected and in the know when it comes to what Education and Care practitioners in your area are looking for?
The kind of information and support that will assist practitioners in their professional practice, extend on their skills and knowledge and will build capacity through the ongoing sharing of information and resources. Through collaborative partnerships with practitioners, peaks, key organisations and other recognised education and care authorities.
Professional Collective members
Olivia Vollbrecht has been working with children since 2006....